January Favorites


Hey, y'all! Who is still writing 2015 on official documents and then hysterically finding a blanco to make things write? *looks around* no one? oh... yea... me... neither :-/

So, here, I vow to be regular in posting the Favorites second year in a row. In addition to this, I did something a lot of you have been asking about. Sharing the makeup collection and how it is stored. I got around organizing my makeup on a week-day, yeah. lol. I had to hurry up and take pictures along the way. If you haven't already, look at my *almost* complete stash pictures in their raw form and not-too-fancy organization that I shared on my Facebook?
Also, I plan on sharing monthly/weekly/fortnightly bag of products that I am using to keep my collection items in rotation. Perhaps from February. Hoping that it goes well.

Without further ado, let's go ahead and reveal what worked for me in January 2016:


L.A. Girl Pro.Conceal Orange Corrector - To be honest, the true orange don't work great against my complexion. Peach-toned color correctors hide my pigmentation better. Still, I wanted to compare the options out there for you guys and grabbed this one in my last haul. The blendability of this one is great. It does have its downsides, but you can top it off by your foundation or concealer to kill the orange tint beautifully. The orange won't peek through. It is tricky to dispense the right amount of product and the consistency needs a little shake-up before usage, but the tiniest amount does the deed for me, Make sure you pat on the concealer and use a medium-full coverage foundation over this. It is creamier and leave a tint. You might need to prime and set it for longevity depending on your skin type.

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara - It is a repeat from my 2015 Favorites post that I did a couple of weeks back. This found its place in the list because I have been reaching out for this one quite often. In addition to what I have said previously about this one, I love the fact that its brush doesn't carry excess product. The wand is neat and applies the right amount of product that I need. My biggest pet-peeve has been taken care of with this one.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy - The color is raved about and looks good in the pan. I, for one, wasn't quite impressed initially. Its texture in the pan was relatively harder. The good thing was that it had no fall-out (I am looking at you, MAC sheertone blushes -_-). Still, I needed to swipe my brush multiple times to get the desired baboon cheeks pigmentation. Recently, I tried to reuse it with the RT Blush Brush and was amazed at the diffused peach pigmentation it left on the bare moisturized cheeks. Looked effortless. Made me wonder what must I be doing wrong / different previously. It has become a strong contender against my favorite peach blush - Clinique Peach Pop.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Ginger - I am guilty of using a concealer darker than my skin tone over the dark circles. Many makeup artists might not agree with this choice, but the days when I don't want to wear a color corrector, this works wonderfully for me and I can sport just the concealer without full-face makeup. I abhor overly highlighted undereye area and would very much like it to be at an even tone with the skin - dark circles covered and shadows lifted. Using lighter concealers can work if you use it to "top off" the fully color-corrected and covered undereye circles. Otherwise, it leaves a greyish cast or reverse raccoon eyes which are a "sweety-no!" for me. The tiniest amount of Ginger shade is so pigmented to cover my dark circles by 80-90% - no kidding! I shall reveal more in the reviews to follow, but this one is a keeper. 

Urban Decay Glide-On Eyeliner in Perversion - This is, without a doubt, the most intense black pencil eyeliner that I have tried till date. There might be some with better or comparable lasting powers, but this doesn't smudge on me. I don't quite wear this on my waterline much, so can't comment on its performance in that area yet. Still, it has been my go-to eyeliner pencil for quite some time. I am glad I repurchased a travel set with two other neutral dark shades in the Sephora $10 Black Friday deal  ^_^

This was quicker than usual, right? What have you been loving this January?
I am sad to not have witnessed the winter in Lahore / Islamabad in its full glory this time. I still wear lawn and haven't used a shawl or winter fabric (other than a linen dress) for over two times. *sigh*

How has your winter been? Let me know in the comments below!

Cheers,

Bia

10 comments:

  1. I think you are the only one who still writes 2015. Year's been off to the worst start ever but let's not be gloomy. The winter has been weird..weirder than usual. We don't see the sun for weeks and then after a whole day of rain it peeks out the next day. These are some great picks. There is nothing in particular I am loving this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is bleak and morbid :-/
      Winter blues? Probably, I haven't been hit with winters this time around. Quite pleasant out here.
      True, the year didn't have the best start. Especially with the academic institutions.
      Thanks, deary!

      Delete
  2. Still fidgeting between the dates I am bia! And guess what 1st month already gone ....
    Love your picks as usual. Do you find LA pro to be dry like ido? It tends to settle in fine lines for me too. Do help me out on that. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could find the L.A Girl concealers in my area. I have heard quite a few good reviews of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you over the over highlighted under eye area! I have been eyeing the Clay blushers for a very very long time now but some bad reviews held me back where they reported the texture to be dry and hard to pick. Maybe it applies better with synthetic bristles?

    Love your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I love Perversion BEST black liner ever and i am not a pencil liner person at all. It does the job for tightlining for sure.

    And you know I agree with you about the Tarte blushes, sister has Captivating and it is so hard and difficult to apply, definitely not what i expected from Tarte. And I ve had Tipsy on my wishlist for a really long time but now I am not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the good work <3
    Ramsha Moiez Hashmi
    http://worldaroundramsha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

  7. Thanks for this post.It's a very nice post.Great post.Thank you.
    avoskin

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And you know I agree with you about the Tarte blushes, sister has Captivating and it is so hard and difficult to apply, definitely not what i expected from Tarte. And I ve had Tipsy on my wishlist for a really long time but now I am not sure.
    cosmetic

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...