*Standing Ovation* *Hugs*
This is no Oscar or Golden Globe, heck, this is not even a school sport's day win - but, I'm feeling the same "extravaganza" of emotions on being nominated for the Liebster Blog Award.
The German origin of Liebster Award relates to "happy", "creative", "unique", and the purpose is to nominate promising bloggers who're budding in blogosphere. There are certain rules:
- Share the link to the blogger who nominated you.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions mentioned by the blogger.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Liebster Award
My nomination came as a pleasant surprise from JayBee's Journal. I'm really happy! Almost like a Secret Santa thing :-P Thank you so much, Jabeen! <3
11 Random Facts About Me
- I have hooded eyes, sparse eyelashes, and high cheekbones. Countless times strangers/acquaintences have somehow asked or commented if I am partially Chinese/Korean. :-P
- My handwriting (both English and Urdu) is extremely good [MashaAllah].
- I'm a nail biter. Gross, I know. It's hereditary and tension-based. (Suggestions on how to quit are welcome, even though I've tried almost everything)
- I design, create, edit, photograph, write, and promote everything related to my blog.
- I love soups. Can never have enough of them.
- I hate the hint/flavor of "sweetness" in anything that's supposed to be spicy/salty/savoury. So, no meethi chatni or chicken manchurian, etc.
- I'm a dog person. At one point, I had 11 dogs living at my house. No, it's not a "farm". Just your small regular friendly neighborhood community house :-D
- Fragrance matters a lot to me. I'm a sucker for good perfumes/mists.
- I have sarcastic quick wit.
- I don't watch TV or Indian films. May be if I am passing by or doing something else, I'd peek...or sit with my Mum or friends to make fun of something over-the-top cheesy :-P I stream English series, usually.
- Although I'm a foodie, but I can't cook to save my life (yet).
Questions by JayBee's Journal
1) What is your blog about?
It's mainly about beauty and lifestyle. I'd be focusing on beauty items, while getting to know my audience better. I intend to offer lifestyle, fashion, or other section according to their preferences.
2) What kind of audience do you want for your blog?
Blogs are popular in younger ladies. I'd want to offer content that's equally useful for, say, more mature audience like my Mum. Even if these ladies might not access my blog, I'm hoping their daughters, friends, relatives, etc. would take the relevant info to them :-) It should atleast be available.
3) Who is your favorite blogger?
Christine of Temptalia is a superb all-rounder. Her blog is such a one-stop-shop. I have spent days reading her posts and still consider it engaging enough to keep me hooked. There are many others I stumble upon during my random research and absolutely love them, but then don't get a chance to revert back.
4) What is your favorite beauty item?
Tough choice between an exfoliating facewash and a lippie. I'd say lipstick.
5) What is your favorite accessory?
My sun shades. It used to be my wrist watch, but then it became annoying using office laptop while wearing a watch. So, I started skipping it.
6) Which fashion trend do you absolutely loathe?
Since I don't opt in for most of the trends/fads, some might say "just because you don't do it, it's not wrong". I agree. Still, few things are irritating to me - typical swarovski embellishments on formal dresses, asymmetric wraps/ponchos/kaftans,big punk upper ear studs, owl/moustache accessories (which were once cute), and front pockets and arm flaps on a kameez (it was fine, but now it has been overkilled).
7) What is your dream job?
Working as a writer for Vogue magazine. Although I'd 'settle' for being a CEO of an MNC as well :-P
8) What post on your blog has had the most visits?
9) What will your followers be seeing more of on your blog in 2014?
Loads of good ol' fashioned reviews. Desi Wedding series showcasing pre-wedding prep guide. Dupe and swatch galleries, hopefully. And something to diversify my blog - but no spoilers on that right now :)
10) Your New Year Resolutions please.
- Lose weight.
- Learn household work - cooking, primarily :)
- Learn to have savings a.k.a. Kill my splurge urge.
11) How you imagine your blog in three years.
I don't want to sound too ambitious because that depends on how my career and personal life are going. So, InshaAllah, hoping that everything pans out well and I become a more seasoned blogger whose opinion matters :-)
So, that's that! Thanks, Jabeen! I look forward to your continued support :-)
My nominations for the Liebster Award are:
My questions for the nominees are:
- How did you decide the name of your blog?
- What motivates you to have your own blog?
- What are the best & the worst things you find about blogging?
- What's the most expensive product on your wishlist?
- Which part of beauty routine takes the most of your prep time?
- Which makeup/clothing brand reflects your personality?
- Who is your celebrity makeup/hairstyle crush? (Share a picture of the particular look)
- What do you spend more on: Makeup or Skin Care?
- What's your beauty nightmare?
- What is your least used makeup item?
- What are your ambitions related to your blog in 2014?
It was really fun, ladies. Merry Christmas to all the readers who're celebrating. Enjoy the family time, snug clothes, cold winds, cups of hot chocolate, and cozy blankets.