February Favorites


The break that I'm taking from active blogging is no break at all. This is the wedding hiatus where I have to run seemingly petty errands and stay on the top of many tailoring activities. The buzz AND my Mom's lack of cooperation in being my swatch muse have slowed down the posts even further. I'm drafting posts to publish once I am on the official wedding break. So stay tuned, guys. I have a lot of fun stuff planned for the lovely readers. 


Amidst all this, I couldn't delay the February Favorites any longer. Here's to the items that I've been using and loving through the month of Valentine's:


Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System - It was the new addition in my skin care regimen in February. But BOY, did we click! This was a "baby-step" of mine towards Clarisonic, so I didn't expect anything too remarkable. May be in the near future, I'll get Clarisonic and compare, but so far, I'm in love with this and will be doing a full-blown rave review next!

DOVE Heat Defence Therapy Shampoo - This shampoo and I had a meet-cute last month. It was a romantic comedy cliche where we bumped into each our in the aisle of a supermarket. I knocked "it" over while picking another shampoo. Then I looked into "its" eyes and realized that I've been looking for "it" all my life. :) I've had underwhelming experiences with Dove Shampoos and Conditioners before. When I spotted this in Green Valley, Mall of Lahore last month, I remembered reading about it on someone's blog a while back. I wanted its conditioner as well to see how the duo performs, but they didn't have that in stock. I cannot comment much on its heat defence aspect, but I did love it as a shampoo. I would use it after oil treatments and this never left the greasy residue OR dried my hair out. The frizz would be considerably less yet the hair are not weighed down either. The only downside was - Even when I used it sparingly on short hair, it emptied before a month and Green Valley doesn't have this anymore :-/ Will have to wait and see if they replenish the stock.

Dabur Vatika Olive Hair Oil - I find this a good replacement for my Palmer's Olive Spray Oil. I was lately having certain issues with Palmer's whenever I used it for pre-shampoo massage. Don't get me wrong, it has been my favorite oil last year and I still do love it, but it has been causing itsy bitsy residue in my hair. It is not entirely the oil itself because I do use heat defence spray or a leave-in serum. During winters, this combo along with Palmer's was not the winning one for me. The horror of finding chunky dandruff the size of a lilypad in your hair :-/ Ugh. So I tried Dabur a few times and it has been doing well. Less dandruff-y residue. I'm on my second bottle now. The first one was the smallest size and now I invested in a bigger one ^_^

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Berry Smoothie - Ma"yyyyy"nnn o' maaayyynn... this stuff is so good! I've dedicated a whole post to Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters. Now my Lip Butter stash has been updated and Berry Smoothie is my go-to MLBB shade in wintery dryness :-) Will surely update the post to show the swatches and performance of this baby.

Bath And Body Works - Japanese Cherry Blossom Mist - I'm really at loss of words when it comes to describing fragrances. I cannot figure out hints/notes of musk, sandalwood, papaya, or a unicorn's breath, for that matter. My classifications are - fruity, strong, good, bad, long-lasting. On this note (pun intended), I'd say Japanese Cherry Blossom is lovely lighter-on-the-senses fragrance which I can use liberally without choking myself or others (I bathe in them). Since it's a mist (least concentrated). it doesn't last longer than 2-3 hours, but if you drench your clothes in it (like I do), that remains lightly in the fabric till washed. It was my first BBW product and I'm impressed to try more of these now. :-) 

Through some freaky technical glitch, this post had been published back in the February, but I found it today incomplete in my drafts. I wonder why that might have happened. Blogger issues, ladies? Anyhow, I am  publishing it again - the long overdue-ish February Favorites. 

Cheers,

Bia

12 comments:

  1. great picks!Happy wedding season !

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post dear.. really tempted to get Revlon lip butter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice reading a new blog from you! ^_^ But I think you totally deserve a break right now with the wedding preparations and all. Waiting for the oreview on Olay cleansing system. Best of luck and I hope the tailor doesn't mess up your dresses too much :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice picks and bea are the bristles of olay cleansing system soft. I want to give it a try but I am confused...I have acne prone and very sensitive skin....By the way best of luck....xoxoxo...:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is some seriously awesome stuff. i love the color of the lippy. how much was olay ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome stuff ... def wanna try few of them <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hardly focused on the products lol cz just reading your posts is a treat, you should think about taking up writing as a career! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nive pic. These cleansing systems are awesome I have one of Nutrogena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely picks... Would love to know abt Olay cleansing system. Good look sweetheart :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice picks (y) I'm following you, follow me back sweety :)
    http://thepixiechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...